ZooCraft is a fun game, but it can seem overwhelming at first. Good thing I had my Junior ZooCraft Guide to help me get started. I’m here to be your ZooCraft Guide to help you get started too! I hope you find this ZooCraft Beginners’ Guide helpful!
Make sure you understand the different types of money in ZooCraft. If you want to read all the details, check out my full post about ZooCraft currency. When you’re starting out, though, here are the basics you need to know:
- You need lots of Zoo-money (the one that looks like dollars) for all kinds of things, so gather as much as you can. To do that:
- Buy kiosks
- Upgrade kiosks
- Upgrade your box office as soon as you can.
- Conserve your Zoo-tokens (the gold coins) because you need them to buy more land.
- Don’t waste Zoo-tokens on speeding things up.
- Don’t buy kiosks that require Zoo-tokens. Buy the ones that use Zoo-money instead.
- Don’t use Zoo-tokens to fill your Shell of Friendship.
- Upgrade your fountain so you get as many daily Zoo-tokens as possible.
- Spend your Zoo-pearls wisely. If you want to see the best deals for your beauty points, check out the ZooCraft Beauty Points Best Deals Chart.
You can do experiments in the laboratory to make new species of animals in your zoo. Here are some tips to make the most of your animal experiments:
- Choose animals of the same rarity level (basic with basic or common with common). This is the quickest way to make new animals.
- If you have time to come back to your zoo, don’t choose a specific animal result. Choosing a specific one takes four times longer than letting the experiment run at random. Read my article about the ZooCraft animal experiment positions if you want to know more.
- Use my ZooCraft breeding charts if you want to know the possible results.
Shell of Friendship
The Shell of Friendship is the main way you get Zoo-pearls to buy decorations. Read more about Zoo-pearls on my ZooCraft Currency page.
Use your Shell of Friendship to collect Zoo-pearls. Here’s what to do:
- Ask friends to fill your shell (don’t use Zoo-tokens).
- Respond to requests and fill other people’s shells.
Do these things daily to keep your zoo growing:
- Complete daily tasks to earn a salary of Zoo-money (can be done 3 times per day).
- Complete at least 4 of those daily tasks to get a bonus of Zoo-tokens.
- Since one of the daily tasks is completing a quest, remember that you can delete a quest if you can’t complete it quickly.
- Guide three visitors to your fountain to earn Zoo-tokens daily (collect Zoo-tokens once per day only).
How to Organize Your Zoo
Here are some tips on placing items in your zoo:
Place items as close together as possible to conserve space.
Choose Decorations Strategically
Buy decorations that give you the highest amount of beauty points for the amount of space they take up.
Consider a “People Pen”
When your zoo gets larger, it can be hard to find the people when they’re wandering around. You can create a “people pen” out of decorations to box them in.
Here are some tips if you want to create a people pen:
- Not all decorations will work. People can walk through some. Benches, square hedges (the ones called “green hedge”), and flags stop people.
- Make sure you put your fountain inside the pen, as the people need to get to it to deposit their coins.
- People will show up outside the pen when you first open the game (or have been visiting another zoo) but will disappear over time. New people will come in through the entrance and get stopped in the pen.